Posted on date 2022-03-28
As we continue to look at different ways to earn cash, gift cards, and rewards, MySoapBox is my next review.
If you’re like me, the first question you have about MySoapBox is, “Is this legitimate?” You’re thinking, “If I’m going to register and give my personal information, I want to know.”
Keep reading, and I will give you all the information you need to determine if MySoapBox surveys are a legitimate way to earn rewards and get the gift cards you want.
MySoapBox is legitimate. They are members of the Interview Service of America (ISA). The ISA is BBB accredited with an A+ Rating. MySoapBox doesn’t have a profile on Trustpilot, but being a member of ISA with an A+ rating is good. MySoapBox’s primary purpose is to collect opinion data from members about different services and products.
How to sign up for MySoapBox
Registering for MySoapBox is straightforward. They will ask for the usual information, valid email address, name, age, ethnicity, and phone number. They will call to verify your number and give you an access code for the site.
You must be 13+ years old if you live in the US and 16+ if you live in the EU.
When I registered, I didn’t get my email right away and then looked in my junk folder. There it was! If you don’t get it for some reason, and it’s not in your junk folder, MySoapBox allows you to request that they resend it. You’ll see this right on the screen.
How does MySoapbox Work?
Members can claim rewards for their input. MySoapBox shares the data they collect with partner companies to help develop marketing strategies. These strategies help their partners determine how best to bring products and services to market to maximize their profit potential.
MySoapBox surveys take 5-10 minutes. Ten MySoapBox points are worth $0.01, so to earn $5, you need 5,000 MySoapBox points.
To start collecting points, you will need to complete a preliminary survey. The purpose of the survey is to determine your demographics, which helps them determine which surveys are most relevant. You receive points for going through the preliminary survey.
Once registered and know your demographics, you can choose whether you want to receive surveys via email or by logging into your account and looking for surveys.
When you look for surveys, you will know how many points each one is worth and how long it should take to complete. As with most survey platforms, you have to qualify for the survey. If you start the survey and get disqualified from it partway through, MySoapBox will give you 10 pts for your effort.
*NOTE - Disqualification happens all the time, it just means they are looking for a different consumer profile, so don’t let this deter you.
How to redeem points with MySoapbox
As a member, you earn points for different activities. They will let you know how many points a survey is worth before you begin and you can anticipate 750-7500 points per activity, which equals $0.75 - $1.50.
Once you have accumulated 25,000 points, you can cash in for different rewards. You can spend all your points as you earn them or save them up. Your points don’t expire, they are not redeemable for cash, and they aren’t transferable.
As rewards, there are a large number of gift cards available for you to choose from, including Amazon, Tango, Best Buy, Home Depot, Walmart, iTunes, Starbucks, and other retail stores.
What are other ways to earn points?
- Referrals - You can refer family and friends living in another household and earn 250 pts. You can do this by logging into your account, getting a unique referral code, and posting on social media to share with them.
- Survey Roulette - A survey router that matches you with other survey opportunities. You can earn 1,000 points ($1.00) for every survey completed.
You will receive emails from MySoapBox inviting you to participate in Survey Roulette, link provided. You can also access the surveys through your MySoapBox account.
- Donation - While not a way to earn more points, you can donate your points you’ve accumulated as cash equivalent to a charity. Each month a new charity is featured, and MySoapBox presents an opening gift of $500. As a member, you can vote on which charities should be featured in the coming months. To date, charities have included the Alzheimer’s Association and The Salvation Army.
What are the pros and cons of MySoapbox?
- You can use your points to donate to a charity.
- MySoapBox surveys don't take much time to complete.
- Sign up bonus for registering
- Lots of gift card options available
- If you’re disqualified from a survey before completion, you get 10 pts for your effort.
- Members can only receive gift cards and e-vouchers, no cash
- The registration interface is clunky but workable.
- It could take a lot of time to reach the initial payout threshold.
A final thought
MySoapBox is a legitimate way to earn gift cards and e-voucher rewards. If you enjoy taking surveys and being of service to companies determining how to bring their products to market and are looking to have some fun, then completing MySoapBox surveys are an excellent way to achieve all three.